Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Unique Calling

The past few days Mac has been the sweetest little guy. He is growing and learning so fast. There have been several moments that I just wanted to pause time and squeeze him for days because I love him so much. He makes me smile and laugh so often. I just LOVE that little fellow. 

With that being said I am a little sad to not have just me and Mac time all the time.  For two years its been just us most of the day. What a special time that was! It will be totally different in a few days when the baby gets here. I am SO grateful I have had those special little moments with Mac the past few days. I've eaten them up! I'm kind of sad for it not to be Mac and Mom time all the time. I'm guessing that is a normal emotion before the second child arrives, at least I hope it is. I know it will be just fine and we will still have special moments but for this instant, I am just sad. 

I sure love that little fellow. He will be such a GREAT big brother. He was out playing in the yard tonight and here are a few cute photos I snapped:




Being a mom is such a unique experience. Some days I feel like I was made to me a mom, like every part of my DNA was meant for it. And other days I wonder what the heck I am doing thinking being responsible for the well being of children. I feel so inadequate. What an interesting grouping of emotions. Being a mom is unique calling. I know I was specifically called to be mom and I love doing it. Sometimes I just wish the manual was little more clear. Oh wait... that's right, there is no manual!! So apparently I just make it up as I go like all the other mom's out there. What a fun job! I really do love it.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment