Thursday, March 29, 2012

Not The Super Star

It just dawned on me that I post a ton about Mac and not much about Devan and I. I'm sure when I look back on our book I'll wonder what we were up to as well. I would also like to think that readers would care about us too and not just Mac but I know the truth. So you'll just have to suffer through information about us:

Devan started his new job at Kimley-Horn in January and has really enjoyed it. Although it is only March he says  the "new guy" status has seemed to wear off and he is really happy about that. There are quite a few other young professionals in his office and he has enjoyed having friendly cool guys around his age to work with. He has several good office stories and has learned more than just engineering stuff. Such as how to shoot a rubber band super awesome. Secret, secret apparently.He has been called to serve with the Young Men in our new ward and is really enjoying it. Since he acts 12 most of time he gets along really well with the boys. And last but not least, he is the best dad ever!!! Mac adores him and my favorite part of the day is watching Mac smile and run to the door when he hears his dad's motorcycle pull in the garage. And he is looking good as ever! Isn't he so handsome?!



And as for me I am living the good life here in Texas. I have been really lucky to make some really good friends fast and Mac and I enjoy going and doing things with them in the day. My 28 week belly is getting big and June 22nd seems to be coming up way too fast. I am a little nervous about having 2 children and trying not to imagine how I will be the only girl around the house. If the boys get any of the teasing habits from their dad I am in huge trouble! I also have a new calling in our ward of Relief Society Secretary and am excited about serving. Some of the women in the presidency were friends I mentioned earlier so I am so excited to get to serve with them. I still love to cook and bake and have been trying new things thanks the wonderful world of the internet. Coconut almond bread, mexican haystacks, creme brule cheesecake bars have been some of my recent favorites. I am loving being a mom and enjoying the Texas weather as much as I can before it gets too hot, which for me is 80. Beware everyone, there might be some ornery posts once it gets over 90:)


Great pictures, right?! haha. I sure wish I had different ones. And by different I mean better. haha.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a blog!! Now we will know what's going on with you!! You know you can always complain about the hot weather to me :) I can relate. I hate it. Indeed. I can't believe you are in TX...glad you like it!!

    ReplyDelete