Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TIME FLIES

Time Flies, I tell ya!! Here is a little update on us all:

Devan-
Devan has been working in Dallas and spending at least 3 hours a day in the car. Dumb, right?! He's kept a pretty good attitude and it is almost over. I actually think he might be sad though because I recently checked out "Learn Chinese in Ten Days" and he has been loving those CD's. He is amazing at picking up language. He can mock things very well (his favorite thing to mock being me) so the tonal language is pretty easy for him. he is a rock star! We also went to visit our good friends, Candace and Brett, in LA and had a great time! Devan really enjoyed the break from work and loved eating all the crazy food. Things like frog legs, alligator, crab, gumbo etc, etc. It was all delicious!

Me-
I've just been chillin at home (Dev takes the car to Dallas) and adjusting to being a mom of 2. I think I am pretty much settled and am starting to feel in the groove of things again. I have been off dairy completely, no butter, milk, cheese, only all my favs, because Damon has an allergy to it. But it is worth it to have a happy baby. It has been hard to enjoy cooking when feel like my creativity is so stifled but I just keep telling myself it is not permanent. I am really enjoying life. Mac makes me laugh several times a day and I love snuggling Damon. I have been keeping busy as the RS secretary and working out with my bud Jillian. Life is good.

Mac-
What to say about Mac. He is quite the kid!!! He is talking like crazy. He pretty much can say anything and does say it. He is getting so smart and has been asking questions like crazy. He still loves every type of ball and knows the diefference between them all. He loves to kick the soccer ball and play baseball. He can hit the ball very well. He can even hit it when we pitch it to him. Very impressive. BIG NEWS-- he is potty trained:) Damon was a few weeks old when we did it which seemed crazy but it was a good time for him so we made it work. He has been doing really well. He LOVES his dad. He talks about him NONSTOP all day and just can't wait until he gets home. He has to do everything his dad does. What a cute kid he is. Sure love him.

Damon-
He is 2 months old now! WOW. Time goes by so fast. He is growing, growing. He now weighs over 11lbs and is 24 inches tall. I don't think Mac hit 24 inches until he was like 9 months old (I really need to look it up but I don't doubt it). He is VERY strong for his age. He loves to sit on my hip facing out and holds himself up perfectly. Just today he has rolled over a few times both from his front to his back and back to his front. He can sit up pretty well if we help him just a little. His balance is really good for a kid his age. He is starting to make sounds but is still very quiet in general. His tongue is ALWAYS out. ALWAYS. It is quite funny. He sometimes loves Mac and tries to follow him with his eyes as Mac runs like a crazy man around the room (that is when he rolled over for the first time was trying to follow Mac with his eyes). But other times when Mac talks or makes loud sounds he gets this look on his face like he is very annoyed. It is pretty funny. He has been such a happy boy and is for the most part very chill (thanks to his reflux meds and me being off dairy. He wasn't always this way). Love this little guy!!! He makes me smile.

Here are some pics from the past little while:

This picture does not do this sunset justice!! It was beautiful and Grandma and Grandpa love us:)


Tongue, ALWAYS.

Ready to go swimming. 

Take notice of the shorts...
  
Notice anything about these shorts? Same ones, haha. 
  
When in Louisiana we went to where they film the show "Duck Dynasty". Very cool.  

Best little buds. Do as I'm doing was the game of the weekend. 

Happy, Happy, Happy. (I had a poofy shirt on underneath my newly purchased shirt. No, I am not prego again, haha).

Someone found the flour...

I painted my pantry door and am loving it. Just trying to make this place my own.


Blessings to ya'll!!

1 comment:

  1. ummm...kari. i miss you and your family and i am missing out on a lot, but am so glad you're writing here. we love, love duck dynasty! that's so awesome you got to go there! that little mac and damon are too cute!
    lysf

    ReplyDelete